Sunday, June 6, 2010

The New Neighborhood


So as of yet, I'm not making any art, but I do have a few ideas kicking around the 'ol noggin, so I should be back to creating any day now.
I really just want to talk about my new neighborhood and how awesome it is.  Chris and I are living in the Shaw neighborhood section of St. Louis and it's quite interesting. We have a nice, big 2 bedroom walk-up and since last Monday, I've kept a running tab of all the different types of peoples that I've witnessed out and about. Here's a partial list:
 1.  Harmonica Baby.  This was a toddler in a stroller playing a harmonica.
2.A middle-aged cyclist, tricked out in all the latest gear, standing on the corner and smoking while trying to garner donations for cancer research.
3. The Medicine Ballers.  This was a couple in matching green outfits that were standing akimbo in an alley and hefting weights over their heads. Hup hup!
4. A white dude, clad only in his boxer-briefs, standing in the middle of his front lawn and eating a plastic plate of spaghetti.
5. Afro-Puff girl with her two matching puffy Bichons.

Also, across the street from our building, there is a rose bush growing out of the gutter.  It's just hanging out there, right above a window.
Lastly, the other day I found a small, tan box in front of our outside door.  I thought that Chris had forgotten it when we were moving in, but when I opened it all I found was a piece of blueberry pie.
Chris believes that it was left as payment for our abandoned computer desk, which was left streetside for the taking, 


*******************
Other than that, the only real excitement I had this week was doing wardrobe styling for an Anheuser-Busch internet commercial.  The premise is called "Band of Buds" and we were shooting 2 groups of four people each.  The first group was called "The Douchebags" and the second group was "The Stuck-Up Bitches".  Involved in the making were:
3 Popped-collar Polo shirts on one person
Consuming Muscle Milk in powder form
Pam Cooking Spray used as body oil
Tootsie rolls used as engorged nipples

1 comment:

  1. sounds like quite a move...
    and a very interesting one!
    glad to hear your going to be producing as quickly as you are.
    will be waiting on the photos

    ReplyDelete