Saturday, October 1, 2011

My First Time

First time experiences can be awesome, overwhelming, triumphant or even just weird. They can be especially eye-widening when they come at you all at once. Last night's reception was no exception and I am still glowing over the positive buzz. For the first time in my life I experienced: 450 well-heeled guests, gallery attendants walking around with price list clipboards, two blubs with images in local publications, a professional photographer, a videographer, and many well-wishers that sought to tell me that they understood my inspiration and wanted to know more. I am humbled and flattered. I hadn't really thought about what the opening would be like. I almost felt separate from the work, that my presence, while welcome, certainly wouldn't be necessary.  All I can say is that I am a part of it, inextricably linked to something that is much bigger than myself and my wildest dreams. Thanks for believing in me, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment