Monday, December 21, 2009

I'm Exhausted.


You know, I was really looking forward to winter break.  Time away from school, catching up with family and friends...  It's Dec. 21st.  Know what I'm doing today?  I'm driving 120 miles out to my favorite abandoned house to install and shoot more of my, you know, "sculpture".
Between that and those goddern faculty applications, I have not had a single day off since Thanksgiving.
A person cannot keep this schedule up!  She is destined for a case of the crazies!
On a more practical note, I enjoy being productive. I find that I can no longer watch and DVD longer than a 1/2 hour or I get to twitching.  If only I could parlay that energy into cleaning my apartment...

UPDATE: Armed with my Xmas card money, a full tank of gas, 50 degree weather and eight sculptures in my car, I trekked all the way to Ellsworth and pulled up 1000 ft. from my destination- and slid down an embankment and got stuck in a ditch.  Walked the mile to the gas station, called a tow truck and and attempted to have him pull me out. The flatbed truck couldn't pull up close enough to my car due to all the mud, so he had to call in the wrecker.   I finally got pulled out of the ditch and while this is going on, the flatbed truck pulled off to the side of the road- and promptly got stuck  and also had to be pulled out by the wrecker. See?  Coulda happened to anyone...especially people like me who are dumb enough to drive down a soggy dirt road in the first place.  Yep.  Sadly, this isn't the first time my judgement has been clouded by art-fueled psychosis, but what are you gonna do?
With an hour and a half of daylight left, I pulled this big, pink turd outta my butt just for you!
That there was one expensive photograph.
Carrie M. Becker

No comments:

Post a Comment