Friday, August 13, 2010

More More Good News

I head back from the McColl Center for Visual Art in Charlotte, NC yesterday,  and it looks like I will be one of their artists-in-residence next fall!  I can't tell you how excited I am for that opportunity, I'm actually a little bummed that I have to wait a whole year for it. Basically, my responsibilities will include: being in my studio for 4 hours a daynand devising an art-themed community outreach program of my choosing.  For that, I receive an art studio and efficiency apartment for three months, as well as a nice little stipend.
SCORE!
Just a few, short weeks ago, I sat here at my table feeling pretty useless.  I was on unemployment, didn't have any job prospects and had even filled out a food stamp application. I was pretty much sure that I'd only be able to find some menial, part-time job, that the adjunct positions would be a long time coming and it would take years to be accepted to a residency. Now, I have all three taken care of. When it rains it pours!

No comments:

Post a Comment